À propos de l’offre d’emploi
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Operations and Communications Manager to join our team at LASPAD, a pan-African research center. As the Operations and Communications Manager, you will play a crucial role in managing the day-to-day operations of our center and ensuring effective communication with stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is motivated by making a difference in the community and has a strong background in communications teams management.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our research center’s operations. You will also be tasked with developing and implementing communication strategies to engage stakeholders and promote the work of our research center. The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as a proven ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Develop and implement operational strategies to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of LASPAD, including budgeting, procurement, and facilities.
- Oversee human resources functions, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement communication strategies that align with LASPAD’s goals and objectives.
- Plan and execute internal and external communication campaigns to raise awareness of LASPAD’s mission, activities and programs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, such as donors, volunteers, and community partners.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication efforts and make recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with senior management.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. business administration, communications, public relations, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in communications, or business administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French, with the ability to tailor messages to different audiences.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience managing teams and budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with research and academic environments is a plus.